Friday, October 5, 2012

Victory Dance!

Awesomeness in progress...
YOU: Hey Melanie, what did you do today?

ME: (feigning an interest in my nails - ha, like I ever look at those!) Oh, nothing ... I just made two pillow cases for Alex ....

YOU: (for some reason this really excites you) What? No way! That's awesome! (You initiate a high five and I hesitate for just a split second so it's slightly awkward but I don't let it ruin the moment)

ME: I know!!! And they turned out really great; completely rectangular and very comparable in size to one another.

YOU: Well, that's just awesome. I wish I could say enough about the awesomeness but I ... I lack the words.

Ok, well maybe you aren't moved to tears by my pillow cases but I gotta say, I am giddy about completing them. I get that they are the grilled cheese sandwich of sewing but I so rarely sew that just getting the thread in all the right places and remembering to put the foot down (sorry noobs, that's sewing machine jargon) is pretty thrilling to me :)

No comments: