Friday, September 28, 2012

Cross Stitch Skull

Yeah you read that right. I am taking a break from jewelry for a while -- more on that later -- and I decided to cross stitch again. So, being the incredibly cheap person that I am, I scoured the internet for free patterns. I found out there are a lot of great free patterns out there and that cross stitch is so much cooler now than it has ever been. I offer exibit A: Subversive Cross Stitch

Oh, I laughed and laughed. That website is such a fun place. After seeing that I wasn't stuck with cute animals and trite sayings, I felt so inspired! Here is what I landed on:


Hey Judgy McJudgerson, it's not finished yet! And I feel good about it considering this is what I was working from:
Please feel free to use this pattern and come up with your own awesomeness. Hey, if you do, please send me the picture of your finished product! I changed the pattern up a bit here and there and obviously I had to make up my own color palate (I call it "whatever I had laying around" -- fancy), but I think she's coming right along. I already gave it a golden grill so I'm not sure if a moustache is over-doing it.... Thoughts on this? I gotta say, it's been a fun process. It's been nice to stretch my creative muscles in another direction. More to come!

1 comment:

Cissi said...

wow! It is coming out beautiful! No mustache!